The schedule below shows our community engagement plan from spring 2018 through early 2019. The SR 522/NE 145th BRT project is engaging with many different groups of stakeholders and the public to ensure diverse voices contribute to the success of the project.
Project partners - including the Elected Leadership Group, City Managers Group and Interagency Group - will continue to discuss next steps of the preliminary refined SR 522/NE 145th BRT project to ultimately present to the Sound Transit Board. Sound Transit will continue to use input gathered from public outreach to inform the engineering, design and environmental phases.
In 2019, Sound Transit is sharing the reﬁned project with the community, Interagency Group, and Elected Leadership Group for futher input. In March 2019, Sound Transit will request that the Sound Transit Board of Directors advance the project into the next phase of conceptual engineering and environmental review.
As we move into conceptual engineering and environmental review, we will continue to gather community feedback to help inform the project design.
What's next in 2019?
- Conceptual design and preliminary engineering to inform environmental review
- Environmental documentation to describe the project's environmental impacts
- Continued coordination with Interagency Group, City Managers Group and Elected Leadership Group
- Outreach to property owners along the project corridor
- Community and stakeholder briefings
- Public events and other outreach opportunities
Elements of the project design to be developed (2019-2022)
- Roadway cross-sections, including BAT lanes, lanes and sidewalks
- Intersection improvements
- Station design, including orientation, access, and circulation
- Parking structures
- Wayfinding and signage placement
- Environmental mitigation improvements
- Public art elements