Thank you for visiting the online open house for the SR 522/NE 145th Stride Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project. The online open house ended on Aug. 23, 2020. Learn more about the project on the website.
COVID-19 impacts to Sound Transit projects
- The COVID-19 recession will likely affect Sound Transit’s expansion project plans and timelines. Learn more about how the Sound Transit Board is assessing potential project impacts.
What’s next for the project?
Upcoming project milestones:
- In 2020, the project team anticipates finishing the planning phase of the project, completing conceptual engineering and environmental review through the completion of the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) checklist.
- The project team will then ask the Sound Transit Board to identify the project to be built, which may enable the project to advance into the design and construction phases.
- In the design phase, we will:
- Finalize the design of roadway and sidewalks.
- Finalize station design and public art.
- Obtain land use, environmental and construction permits.
- Begin the property acquisition process.
- Schedule subject to change due to impacts from the COVID-19 recession and the ongoing Sound Transit Board realignment process.
Upcoming virtual meetings:
- We will host virtual public meetings in early 2021, as more detailed designs become available. We hope you will join to learn more about the design in your city, ask questions and share your thoughts.
- Subscribe to our email list to stay tuned for future updates.
If you need information translated, select your language using the "Select Language" bar at the top of this page. If your language is not available, please contact 1-800-201-4900/ TTY Relay: 711 or email accessibility@ soundtransit.org for alternative formats.
Want to know about future public involvement opportunities? Sign up below for our email list.